05 Jan 2019

Goal Setting – 7 Winning Tips from Dave Crane

Making a resolution is vague. So, instead of that set goals and work towards accomplishing them.

Why? Goal setting allows you to control the direction of change in your favor – Brian Tracy.

According to a study conducted by Harvard Business School in 1989, 3% of graduates from their MBA program, who had their goals written down, ended up earning ten times as much as the other 97% put together, just ten years after graduation.

Goal setting isn’t all about earning more money, it could be to become a better you, health or relationship wise.

Want to set goals and achieve them? Here are a few tips that will help you:

 

Own Your Goals: It is your goal and if you really want to make headway with it, start by being responsible for it. Your goals should be entirely yours and not a copy of someone else’s Instagram life. And you should stop setting goals because of what people want or think about you. Your goal should stem from an internal conviction and sincere desire to become better

 

Be Specific About Your Goals: this encompasses a goal. Goal setting shouldn’t be as simple as saying “I want to make a million this year” or “I want to create a business”.  It should be as specific as a mission. You should be convinced of why you are setting a goal and how it can better your life and those of the people around you. This will be the factor driving you.

 

Have A Roadmap To Achieve Them: To achieve your goals, you should state the things that you have to forego or miss by pursuing that goal and most importantly state the disadvantages that you are likely to be exposed to if you don’t achieve that goal. Know how much work you are going to need, check the things you are good at and the ones you would assign to others. Breaking down your goals into achievable milestones helps you pursue your goal one day at a time and makes the vision clear and less overwhelming.

 

You Have To Be Committed: Being committed is very important in achieving results. There is going to be setback, roadblocks, and distractions. Focusing not on what you are up against but your goals and how to navigate through the challenges will help you. Goal setting is important but more than just writing them down on a paper you should be obsessed and hungry enough to want to achieve that goal.

 

Evaluate Your Short-Term Results, Make Amends, And Celebrate Small Wins: Regular review of your goals is important. It is a constant reminder that you are heading to somewhere and provides an avenue to evaluate your performance and be pumped to keep moving. If you constantly evaluate your steps, you will be able to discover what works and cut out what isn’t working for you.

 

Get Mentors/Coaches and Constantly Educate Yourself: Those who learn the most achieve the most. If you want to be on top of your game, you should lend yourself to constant learning and sharing of knowledge. Get people who have been there before you to teach and mentor on how they got to where you want to be.

To your success,

Dave

leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.